First I want to start off by saying I wish the pancakes in this picture were mine! (Mine turn out looking nothing like this but one can wish, right. I mean it's the taste that counts.) The stack in the picture are Blessed Protein pancakes from www.workoutsbykatya.com.
OK, are you ready for the best vegan protein pancake recipe ever?! I don't think you are...but I'm going to let you in on it anyway because you will have never known how you got through your sunday mornings without trying these at least once.
So here it is:
1 cup of all purpose flour
2 tsp of baking powder
1/2 tsp of salt
1 scoop of Choc coconut Blessed Protein
1 cup of water
1/4 cup of almond milk
1 tbsp of maple syrup or agave
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup of maple syrup or agave
1 tsp of cacao powder
1. Preheat a non-stick pan on a medium-high heat and use olive oil spray to line it
2. While the pan is heating, sift all dry ingredients into a mixing bowl
3. Add the wet ingredients into the bowl and whisk together
4. Use a label to add the pancake mixture to the pan and swirl the mixture around in the pan to make a circle. Do this quickly before the mixture cooks too much
5. Cook until there's big bubbles on the top, then flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes
6. Repeat until all the mixture is used, then heat maple syrup and cacao powder in a small pan together to make the chocolate sauce (optional).
Then serve with your desired toppings! Peanut butter with these pancakes tastes like reeces pieces!
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do. I've been perfecting this pancake recipe for a while and this is it. I'm all about finding balance and not depriving yourself of yummy foods because you're afraid. Don't be! Treat yourself but only in moderation. You deserve it every once in a while. Bon apetite x